HD Audio Background process is not a part of windows but it is important. It is also known as RAVBg64.exe.produced by Realtek Semiconductor. The file features a certified authority that proves its believability. In addition, as it is not officially part of Microsoft hence we can’t find it in OS. Even though it has Microsoft’s digital signature still the experts find it a threat because it records keystrokes that increase its likelihood of inflicting damage.
During the startup, several apps are put in despite the fact that it is not required like Adobe, Win Amp Agent, and Realtek Audio Manager/HD Audio Background Process. You can uninstall the HD Audio Background Process though it is natural to experience some changes in the sound and the power to control it.
How to fix high CPU usage of HD audio background process?
As this takes a large space for storing in C.P.U., to mend this you will attempt the solutions below.
- Disable and Enable the Realtek Audio Programs
- Update the Realtek Audio Drivers
Disable and Enable the Realtek Audio Programs
Follow the instructions given below:
- Press Win+R (Window key+ R key) then a dialog box will open.
- Type msconfig in order to continue the next step and click OK.
- In System Configuration Click on Startup tab, check the box next to all Realtek startup items, and click Disable all button. Then click OK.
Follow these steps to disable Realtek audio driver by Device Manager.
- Press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) then a Run dialog box will open.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the run box. Click OK
- Expand section Sound, video and game c, controllers, and right-click on the Realtek audio device name. Then choose Disable.
After disabling is completed, refer instructions mentioned above to change them once again. Then start Task Manager and check if it’s still taking high CPU usage.
Update the Realtek Audio Drivers
If you do not have the time to update the Realtek audio driver manually, you can easily do it by Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically identify your system and find the appropriate drivers for it.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then examine your computer and scrutinize any problem related to drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the Realtek audio driver to mechanically download and install the proper version of this driver.