Have you, all of a sudden, found an app called CQATest on your Android phone, when it was not there earlier? This has happened with a lot of other people too. What is this CQATest app? Is this useful in any way? Will the CQATest app harm your Android device? Should you keep it at all? Don’t worry, in this article, we will answer all your questions related to the CQATest app.
Contents Of This Article
CQATest is actually the abbreviated form of the “Certified Quality Auditor” Test app. Essentially, it is an app that has been specially designed to monitor the performance of the various apps and widgets on your phone, and the general performance of your phone as a whole. The main purpose of this app is to keep all the functions of the Android phone running smoothly. The CQATest app is also supposed to notify you if something goes wrong with your phone or if a virus or malware enters your system. Basically, it is a monitoring software that looks into all aspects of your phone’s functioning.
Where did this app come from?
For most devices, this app was pre-installed. In some cases, you might have knowingly or unknowingly downloaded the app. However, if you have any doubts about the credibility of the app, it is always wise to evaluate all aspects of the app before deciding whether you want to keep it.
What are the problems being faced by users because of this app?
Even though this app is supposed to monitor your device and ensure the smooth functioning of your system, many users have reported facing problems because of this app. The main problems faced are listed below:
- The phone screen gets hanged more frequently than before.
- The home button does not work properly and the screen freezes.
- The camera application along with a few other apps does not work properly.
- The CQATest app is causing the device to heat up more quickly than usual.
- The CQATest app is taking up a lot of battery life.
- The CQATest app is consuming a lot of background data and storage space, thus disrupting other functions.
Is the CQATest app safe to use?
Keeping the CQATest app on your app means that your phone manufacturer can get access to your phone data. However, this data does not include any of your personal data. It is basically all the Optional data from your phone that is studied by the manufacturer to improve the phone’s performance. Now, you need to decide if you are alright with sharing this data or not.
How to uninstall the CQATest app?
Since the CQATest app is often a built-in or pre-installed app, you might have difficulty in uninstalling it. If you have decided that you wish to permanently uninstall the CQATest app from your phone, we have got you covered with the following guide:
- Uninstalling the app
- Open your phone Settings and Head over to the list of Apps by clicking on the “Apps” button.
- Click on the “CQATest” app button and either click on “Force Stop” or “Disable”, whichever applicable.
- CQATest will be removed from your phone.
- Performing a Factory Reset (use this only if the first method does not work):
- Make sure that all important data, documents, files, media, etc on your phone are backed up safely.
- Open the Settings app on your phone, and look for the “Factory Reset” button.
- Once you click on it, all settings and data present on your phone will be permanently erased. CQATest will also be removed and you can start over.