Themes are used all over the internet to build websites, blogs or online stores and forums. Themes are the backbone of a website and choosing the right theme is indispensable. You must research the features and aesthetics of the theme you want for your website before investing in it. Here are some tips to choose a website theme for the most popular platforms on the Internet.
WordPress is the most used Content Management system powering over 35% of the websites on the internet. Firstly, this is all because of the flexibility and simplicity it provides to its users to design and maintain their websites. Secondly, the huge amount of paid and free theme and plugin repository along with support which makes it an accessible platform.
Here are four tips to choose a website theme for WordPress :
- Select a theme that matches your business or blog color tone and style.
- Select a mobile-responsive theme with maximum browser compatibility.
- Make sure that all most-used plugins are compatible with your theme.
- Buy a premium theme that has got all the features you want, if affordable.
Shopify has become the leading e-commerce platform for people who want to sell online. To set up a Shopify store is just like setting up a website, only that here you will have a design to showcase your merchandise. You can choose from premium themes available at the Shopify store or you can upload one of your own.
Some recommendations to choose Shopify website are
- Research about the features you want on your online store and pick options.
- Evaluate your product and offerings and choose a theme accordingly.
- First Impression is the last impression. So, choose an attractive theme with high-quality images and font style.
- Make sure you get theme support to help you with the HTML and CSS.
HTML 5 enabled themes that are very popular in today’s growing website market. HTML 5 gives you the control that you want over your website. Its easy to use and most of the features can be added with some basic knowledge of HTML and CSS. You can check out some of the best HTML 5 themes on Theme Planet for your blog or business.
Some tips to choose an HTML 5 theme are
- Choose a responsive theme that works well with all types of mobile devices.
- Give importance to the header layout.
- Choose between static or dynamic templates.
- Choose a theme with a minimum of 6-month of customer service support.
WooCommerce is a rapidly expanding e-commerce plugin which can be installed on a WordPress website to give it an extended functionality as an online shopping store. The trick is to choose a theme that has in-built WooCommerce functionality to minimize the use of plugins.
Some important tips to keep in mind to choose WooCommerce Templates are
- Select a theme that matches your product line and business theme.
- Pick a theme that supports breadcrumbs for easy navigation.
- Keep in mind the design of contact forms, email opt-in forms and social sharing buttons along with theme responsiveness.
- Beautiful designs are necessary but they should be simple and easy to understand.