Created by Evan Spiegel, Snapchat entered our lives in 2011, and ever since, our experience with social media has been remarkably different. What started as a platform with the cute ‘doggie filter’ has now emerged as a tough competitor to social media giant Facebook with 293 million daily active users.
Today, young teens and celebrities use Snapchat to obsessively put out hourly updates of their lives to the world. Apps that monitor kids Snapchat have gained popularity, with more and more kids joining the app.
Contents Of This Article
- 1 Why Should You Monitor Your Kid’s Snapchat?
- 2 How to Get Access to Your Kid’s Snapchat?
- 3 1. How to Monitor Child’s Snapchat via iCloud or iTunes
- 4 2. How to Monitor Child’s Snapchat via File Manager on Android
- 5 3. How to Monitor Child’s Snapchat via Spy Apps
- 6 Conclusion
Why Should You Monitor Your Kid’s Snapchat?
This is because Snapchat demands access to many of the private information that we put out on the app. This can be detrimental for kids since they are not always very watchful about sharing such information.
Additionally, Snapchat allows adolescents to add individuals they don’t know and have never met to their contact list, and parents have very little influence over such activities.
Now, you probably can’t completely stop your child from using Snapchat. However, in a world of growing sexual predators and bullies, you need to look at monitoring kids Snapchat.
How to Get Access to Your Kid’s Snapchat?
Although Snapchat has parental control features, you can’t depend on them always. Kids are smart. They know their way out.
For parents wondering how can I monitor my child’s Snapchat, here are some quick and easy ways:
1. How to Monitor Child’s Snapchat via iCloud or iTunes
If your child uses an iPhone, you can easily track their Snapchat chat history by restoring the iCloud or iTunes backup.
Restoring via iTunes:
- Connect your iPhone to iTunes using a Data Cable on a computer.
- Go to “Summary” by clicking the phone symbol at the top, then “Restore Backup” by clicking the “Restore Backup” button.
- You must select a backup file containing Snapchat files and then click the “Restore” option. The Snapchat backup will then appear on your iPhone.
Restoring via iCloud:
- Scroll down to “General” in the “Settings” app.
- Choose “Reset” and “Erase All Content and Settings” by swiping down.
- When you restart your iPhone, you’ll be sent to the first setup screen, where you’ll enter the Apple ID and password for the device you wish to monitor.
- From the “Apps and Data” page, remember to choose “Restore from iCloud Backup.”
2. How to Monitor Child’s Snapchat via File Manager on Android
- Open the File Manager and navigate to the “Android” folder.
- Locate the com.Snapchat.android folder under the “Data” folder.
- You’ll notice a “Cache” folder in the folder where your recordings and photographs are saved.
- Then, go to the received image snaps folder and open it. When you open it, your photographs will be restored to your Android phone.
However, both these methods are time-consuming and require access to the target phone. Kids are reluctant to give their phones to parents.
3. How to Monitor Child’s Snapchat via Spy Apps
Wondering how to monitor Snapchat without your kids getting a hint? The best way to do that is by using a spy app. Spy applications let you monitor kids Snapchat remotely.
You might want to use a parental control tool like mSpy. Monitor your child’s social media activities in real-time and not just examine Snapchat history.
How to Get Started with mSpy?
To start monitoring your child’s Snapchat using mSpy, follow these simple steps:
- Select a suitable plan as per your needs. At mSpy, you will get a few options to choose from.
- Once you’ve purchased a plan, you will receive an installation guide via email to set up your mSpy account.
- Just log in to the Control Panel and add the device that you want to monitor. You will now be able to watch all your child’s Snapchat activities.
With mSpy, you can not only read their chats and examine their media files but also look through contacts and call logs. You may also monitor your child’s behavior on Instagram, Facebook, Tinder, Kik, and other social networking applications.
Snapchat may be a very engaging application for your kids, but it is equally dangerous. As a parent, it is your duty to monitor your child’s social activity to ensure a safe future for them. Take the help of mSpy today to make this process much easier.