While registering for an iTunes account apple users are required to provide the credentials for a valid form of payment generally a credit card. The information is safely stored on the file so it can be checked for making quick purchases.
Some users avoid storing their credit card information in iTunes because of privacy issues or to restrict their children from making unauthorized purchases while using their devices.
Here are some of the ways to remove your credit card from iTunes:-
- Remove credit cards from the iTunes store.
- Login into iTunes.
- Visit the store menu if you are yet to sign in. After signing login to your account.
- After you have signed in, choose to view your Apple ID in the store menu. You might be asked for your password.
- Tap on the edit link in the Apple ID summary which is placed on the right of the Payment Type.
- You don’t have to choose a credit card in the Edit Payment Information screen, tap on none.
- Select done after scrolling down.
- Finally your Apple iTunes account is free of any credit card information.
Is it possible to install apps on iTunes Account Without a Credit Card?
After the removal of your credit card from the iTunes account, there’s an option to get apps, books, music as well as movies on your iPad. There are a lot of ways and one of the ways by which a child would be able to download as per their wish without requiring them to do additional things.
- Giving apps as gifts: Instead of purchasing different apps on your iPad, you can opt to use a different account where your credit card is attached to purchase your preferred apps. Or, giving music as well as movies as gifts by the iTunes store.
- Set up allowance on iTunes: This option is widely used if a user opts for a low-maintenance solution. To monitor the activities of your kind you can use the allowance on your iPad. You can also set up an allowance for older kids too.
- Add and remove: Although this option requires most maintenance it is one of the most viable solutions. You can add the information of your credit card when you need to buy something, after confirmation of your purchase details you can remove the information. This is more reliable if you use it for once-a-week or month purchases.
- Loading it up at first: This method is very convenient if you are having younger children who don’t require the latest apps on the iPads. After registering your account, you can freely download all the movies, apps, books as well as music you need before removing your credit card.
By the end of this article, you would be aware of all the possible ways to remove your credit card from your iTunes account. Moreover, some of the best alternatives which you can apply if you need to purchase apps without filling in your credit card information permanently.