The feeling of using your own brand new iPhone is unmatched and with iPhone x, Apple has really made it possible for quite a lot of us. But how would you feel when your iPhone won’t start? It is a really common complaint about many users that their iPhone x won’t turn on only, so how are they supposed to use it.
There are quite a few reasons why our iPhone does not turn on, for eg: it might have been frozen, Or there might be a software issue. It is also one of the possibilities that your iPhone doesn’t turn on due to a hardware problem that is affecting the power of your iPhone. Many people think that the battery must have been exhausted but even after charging it for hours, it won’t turn on because that is rarely the reason.
We have come across many such cases and therefore we are here to guide you on what you should do if your iPhone goes on a power stroke.
The first and foremost thing that anyone will suggest to you and you will do is to force restart your device. Now, this is the most common and easiest solution to the problem and it works most of the time. This is due to a software issue that might have been an obstacle in the proper working of your device. The software may have crashed, so before jumping to any new solution to this small problem, try to force start your iPhone x and see if that works for you. Here is how you can force restart your phone
- Press and release the volume up button quickly
- Press and release the volume down button quickly
- Now press and hold the side button for around 30 seconds
- If there is a software crash, then after following these steps you will see the Apple logo flash on your screen
If it does not, don’t worry, we have plenty of solutions here.
Table of Contents
If the FORCE RESTART does not work out for you, you can try charging your iPhone x for once. Many times we leave some of the apps in working mode and that takes all of the battery, so try to charge the iPhone for at least 30 minutes. You can also try to change the charger, try to charge it through a power bank or your laptop to avoid the possibility of a damaged adapter or USB cable. There can also be a possibility that your charging port is dirty or there is some dirt inside the port. Try cleaning if you see something like that
Take the help of iTunes:
Now if both these hacks did not work out for you, you may get really scared of losing your data. In that case, quickly connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. Through that, you can easily transfer all the important and private data that is stored in your iPhone x directly into your computer. This will relieve you a bit and now you can focus on other methods to turn on the iPhone x. Follow these steps –
- Open your computer and install iTunes
- Connect your iPhone to your computer
- Wait until iTunes recognizes your iPhone
- Find the option ‘backup and restore’
- If for some reason you do not see this option, there is an alternative –
- Force restart your iPhone while connected to the computer
- Do not wait for the apple logo to appear, rather continue pressing the side button until you see Recover Mode
- You will see an option to restore and update.
- Select update
- This will make iTunes install ios without clearing any data.
This process will hardly take a few minutes and if all goes well, you might be able to turn your iPhone on again.
If none of these methods did any help to you, you will need to seek some help from the apple service center. Do not worry about losing your data because it is a very normal issue that a lot of people come across with not only iPhone x but with other brand smartphones as well. Be patient and assured that your phone will be fine.