Having a touchscreen laptop offers several handy functionalities. It can enhance your overall computer experience with touch advantages. You can easily navigate through the computer using your fingers instead of using a touchpad or mouse. If you have a Lenovo touchscreen laptop, the touch feature is enabled by default. You can also disable it if you do not want to use touch for operating the computer.
Table of Contents
Steps to turn off the touchscreen feature on a Lenovo Laptop:
- -Press Windows + X key to open Device Manager
- -Search for the option called “Human Interface Device” and click on it.
- -Then, look for the “HID-compliant Device” Option.
- -Press the Right Click on this option and Select Disable.
You can follow the same process and select “Enable” To turn on the touchscreen feature on your Lenovo Laptop.
You may have different versions of Windows OS on your laptop. So, the process of turning off the touchscreen feature may vary according to the versions of the OS. Let us have a look at the step-by-step guide for turning off the touchscreen feature on different Windows Versions of Lenovo laptops. It includes Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
How to turn off the touchscreen on a Lenovo Laptop running on Windows 10?
- -Search for Device Manager by opening the taskbar and clicking on it.
- -Search for the option called “Human Interface Devices”. Click on the arrow right next to it and select “HID-compliant touch screen”.
- -On the top, you will find the Action tab. Select it and choose Disable device option.
- -Select Confirm to successfully disable Touchscreen on your Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop.
Note: Sometimes, you may find the “Multiple HID-compliant touchscreen device” option in the list. You can carry out the above-mentioned steps to disable them.
How to turn off the touchscreen on a Lenovo Laptop running on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1?
- -Place your cursor on the Start button and press the Right click.
- -Select Device Manager. You can also search for the same by typing Device Manager from the search bar.
- -Select the “Human Interface Devices” Option.
- -There you will find an option called “HID-compliant touch screen”.
- -Place your cursor on it and press Right click.
- -Select Disable to successfully disable Touchscreen on your Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 Lenovo Laptop.
Note: If you do not find the “Disable device” Option, it means that the touchscreen is already disabled on your device.
How to turn off the touchscreen on a Lenovo Laptop running on Windows 7?
- -Open Control Panel on your device. You can press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys together and select Control Panel.
- -Find the “Pen and Touch” from the Control Panel and click on it.
- -Click on the Touch Tab.
- -Search for the option called “Use your finger as an input device” in the list.
- -Uncheck it to successfully disable the touchscreen on your Windows 7 Lenovo Laptop.
How to turn off the touchscreen on Lenovo Chromebook Having Chrome OS 48 or higher?
- -Open Chrome browser on your Laptop.
- -In the Address / URL bar, paste the following text:
- -Press Enter.
- -Find the “Debugging keyboard shortcuts” Option.
- -Click Enable.
- -To implement the changes, you have to click on the “Relaunch Now” Button.
- -After your device gets restarted, press this shortcut from your keyboard: Search + Shift + T
- -Use the toggle to enable or disable the touchscreen on your Lenovo Chromebook device.
Do you have a Yoga Series Laptop of Lenovo?
You can disable the touchscreen on that laptop too. Follow these simple steps to disable the touchscreen on your device:
- -Open the Start menu.
- -Search for “Device Manager” by typing in the search bar.
- -Select the “Human Interface Devices” Option. You will see that the section is now expanded.
- -Find the “HID-compliant touch screen device” option.
- -Right-click on it.
- -Select Disable device option. You will find a pop-up box. Select Yes to successfully disable the touchscreen on your Lenovo Yoga Series Laptop.
What if you want to re-enable the touchscreen on your Lenovo Laptop?
You can easily re-enable the touchscreen on your Lenovo Laptop. All you need to do is follow the same above-mentioned steps that you used to disable the touchscreen on your Windows or Chrome OS. The only change is that instead of selecting the “Disable” Option, you have to select the “Enable” Option at the end.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let us have a look at some of the most frequently asked/searched questions regarding the touchscreen feature on a Lenovo Laptop.
How to disable the touchscreen feature on my Lenovo Laptop?
Easily disable the touchscreen feature on your Lenovo Laptop by searching “Device Manager” Or “Human Interface Devices” on Windows 10 and Windows 8 respectively. You have to search for the “Pen and Touch” Option from the Control Panel on Windows 7 Laptops.
How do I turn off the touch screen on a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10?
Quick and Easy steps to turn off the touchscreen on your Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop are Start > Device Manager > Human Interface Devices > HID-compliant touch screen > Action Tab > Disable.
Is it possible to turn off the touchscreen on Lenovo Chromebook?
Yes. You can definitely turn off the touchscreen on your Lenovo Chromebook. Unlike Windows devices, Chromebook runs on Chrome OS. Hence, you need to disable the touchscreen feature from the Chrome Browser.
Lenovo Laptops do allow you to turn off or disable their touch screen feature. It is very easy to turn off or disable the touchscreen feature on your Lenovo Laptop. Also, you can re-enable it whenever you want to use your touchscreen functionality.
Sometimes, you may find that even after enabling or disabling the touchscreen, the changes do not apply. Try to restart your device and follow the process again. If your Laptop still faces the issue, there may be some problem with your system or device touchscreen. Contact Lenovo Customer Support and try to troubleshoot the issue. They will guide you to the best possible way to resolve the issue.
It is possible that, in rare cases, the touchscreen option might not be disabled even after performing all the steps mentioned earlier in the order. In such a case, try to restart your laptop once. After restarting, follow all the steps mentioned above to see if the option to disable the touch screen works. If it is still defunct, you might need to call Lenovo Customer Care for assistance.
Apart from disabling the touch screen option, these steps will also help you troubleshoot and fix the screen’s problems. It might help you to resolve issues like the touch screen suddenly not working or the screen getting frozen at times.