Owning an iPhone is not always fancy. Bug issues can be a problem for iOS users as well. The market is flushed with the longevity of the Apple products, however, the reality is a bit different than that. Recently, there have been several claims regarding the ‘iPhone could not be updated error 4000’. Well, it might not seem a huge issue as it restricts the new software updates but in the long run, this error can cause great trouble.
In this article, we have mentioned different ways to deal with the ‘iPhone could not be updated error 4000’. Let’s dig into the solutions properly.
Contents Of This Article
Direct Download the Updates
Finding the ‘iPhone could not be updated error 4000’ is very common while downloading updates from iTunes. To deal with the situation, it is best to download the update directly on your mobile. To do so follow the steps below –
- Visit ‘Settings’ and click on ‘General’.
- Find the ‘Software Updates’ option in ‘General’.
- Here, the device will check for software updates available, click on the ‘Download and Install Now’ button if the download option is prompted.
Updating iTunes on Time
The error is not that hard to deal with. Sometimes, as a user, we forget to update our applications on time. Updating iTunes on time can help deal with the problem. To do so:
- Open iTunes and search for “Help’.
- Under the ‘Help’ option, look for the ‘Check for Updates’ option.
- This feature initiates checking for new updates.
- If there is any update available, update the app as usual.
Install via IPSW
It is possible that both the methods mentioned above fail. To deal with such a situation, use IPSW to download iTunes. Visit the Apple website’s version of iTunes using IPSW. Follow the steps mentioned below –
1. Before beginning with the method, we must uninstall iTunes. Visit Application Manager to do so (use Windows +R and type appwiz.cpl, and press Enter). However, you can avoid uninstalling the application, you haven’t downloaded it from Microsoft Store.
2. Now, visit iTunes and connect to the iOS device. Once done with the same, use Shift and click on update. This will help you install the app using IPSW.
These 3 methods mentioned above are the classic tactics to deal with the ‘iPhone could not be updated error 4000’.
Another reason why the error can occur is when the charge is below 50%. Dealing with this is quite simple, charge your device to more than 50% and the error will stop appearing.
Common reasons for ‘iPhone could not be updated error 4000’
- Outdated iTunes: Most of the time, the problem is triggered as the iTunes app has been outdated.
- Locked Device: There is a high possibility that the application has been locked with a passcode. This will restrict you from installing the software update. Therefore, unlock the phone to avoid the error from being triggered.
Well, all the required details have been mentioned above. However, you can comment down queries. Our team will connect with the same as soon as possible.