Text messaging is a very important feature that comes with mobile phones. It has been in use long before social media platforms came into existence. Even today, some people prefer to use text messaging than other platforms for official communication. However, recently, some users have been dismayed because of an error they are facing while trying to send a text message to any of their contacts. The message says “Free Msg: Unable to send message: Message blocking is active.”
Why does this happen?
- You might be on each other’s blocked list: Though you might not be aware of it, this reason is one of the most common reasons. It’s possible that the other person has mistakenly blocked you or had temporarily blocked you for some reason. Or, you have by mistake, put that in your blocked list. 80% of the time this is the case and will stop you from sending messages.
- Temporary service outage: There might be a temporary fault or outage on the service provider’s end. This might be the reason for the error message.
- Premium message access: There might be some messaging apps that might specifically require you to manually grant messaging access to them from the app settings. Until it is done, you will not be allowed to send messages using that app.
- Shortcode error: This happens mostly in the case of Android devices using T-Mobile connections. This is a technical glitch on the service provider’s part.
- Delay in paying bills: Finally, if you cause a delay in recharging or paying your phone bills, your service provider might disable all services including messaging services.
How to resolve the issue?
- Check blocked contacts: Check your blocked list to find out if the contact you’re trying to message has been blocked. If yes, unblock them. Alternatively, look for another way to get in touch with your contact and ask them to check their blocked list as well.
- Contact your service provider: Get in touch with your service provider to find out if there has been a service outage from their end.
- Check for messaging access: Check if the app needs special permissions to allow messaging. If yes, provide the required access.
- To resolve Shortcode error: This is totally a technical glitch from the service provider’s end. Only service persons from T-Mobile can resolve this issue so get in touch with T-Mobile.
- Recharge: If you find that a mobile recharge or paying phone bills is overdue, complete the same at the earliest to resume messaging services.