How many of you love streaming Netflix on your smart televisions? Almost every one of us is very much enthusiastic when it comes to streaming a movie or a web series on our big screen smart TV in high resolution. For this purpose, one application that is widely used is KODI which uses saved media files to play content on TV, and in this article, we will try to learn and fix the “Failed to install a dependency” error.
Since KODI is an open-source software it has some bugs which sometimes create a problematic situation for the users. KODI is available for most of the operating systems out there including Raspberry Pi.
Let check how we can tackle the “failed to install a dependency error” to make our viewing experience smoother and error-free.
Clear KODI cache and reset data
Sometimes due to corrupt files or processing KODI makes mistake in loading dependencies due to which the “failed dependency error” can arise. The easiest way to get rid of this thing is to remove the cache(primary files) or delete/reset data.
- Open Ares Wizard. If you have not installed Ares Wizard then you can install it from here. You need to add Ares Wizard as an Add-on to make it work.
- Once installed, you need to access it from the KODI platform.
- Go to the KODI home screen then click on Add-ons where you will find Program Addon option. Click on it.
- Click on Maintenance Tab within the Ares Wizard window and click on delete cache/temp in the Cache partition shown at the right of the screen.
- To clear your data. Click on the More tab on the Ares Wizard home screen.
- You will see a drop-down list. Click on the “Erase all data/Fresh start” button.
- This will prompt a confirmation dialog box. Click on OK and then it asks your preference if you want to keep your favorites and Add-ons.
- Choose your appropriate action and click OK. This will reset the KODI data.
Automatically repairing KODI database
The error can be corrected by automatically restoring the original KODI database which gets corrupted due to some malicious files downloaded from the internet while you are downloading your media content. Follow these steps to automatically restore the KODI database.
NOTE: Disable your existing Add-ons before carrying out this process.
- Click on the Settings option on the KODI home screen.
- Go to File Manager.
- From the list displayed on the left pane, click on “Profile Directory” and then click on “Database”.
- You need to select ‘Addons27.db’ named file and go to the delete option in the pop-up menu which appears.
- Confirm your action by click on the OK button.
After this, you can relaunch your KODI software and enable your Add-ons.
This will make sure that the KODI dependencies are not corrupt and installed properly. Sometimes the Add-ons which are installed get corrupted or generate a bug while updating themselves. So, this basic process will definitely help you get rid of the “ failed installation of dependency” error.
If you still face a problem with this error there is another method in which you can manually install the dependency files but that is a lengthy and time-consuming process. If these methods don’t help you then, please comment down below I will make a new tutorial on how to manually install the dependencies.
Thank you for your constant support. Feel free to comment your suggestions and advice.