If you are a gamer and you like to show your gaming skills to the online audience then you definitely know about Discord which is available on both PC and Android platforms. For those of you don’t know, Discord is an application used mostly by gamers while streaming games online to connect with the gaming audience via text or voice chat.
In this article, we will be looking at the solutions to a common error known as the “discord awaiting endpoint” which occurs sometimes while connecting to the Discord app.
Other apps used for such purposes include Skype and Teamspeak. Discord app is used by over 250 million gamers worldwide, because of which sometimes the servers get heated up and stop functioning.
When this happens the region which is connected to that blown up the server will not be able to connect with the Discord application. This is the main cause of the “awaiting endpoint” error as the endpoint, in this case, the server is not functioning properly.
Let’s take a look at the step-wise solution to successfully counter this error.
- Firstly check your Internet connection. Sometimes if the Internet speed is slow or if your screen shows connecting and it takes a lot of time to process, it can be because of a slow internet connection.
- When you are sure that the Internet is running fine, and you have tried connecting to the server 3-4 times, it means the server is not up.
- Just change the server region to the one where the server is still functioning. You can just hit and try with that.
- To change the server region you need to follow the below steps.
- Click on Server Settings and then click on server Overview.
- There you will see a dialog box labeled as server region and inside, it will be showing your current server region.
- Click on it and change your server region as per your wish.
- Now you will see that the region of the server has been changed and you can easily connect to the server and the “awaiting endpoint” error has also vanished.
- You can try this method anytime any day and you will be error-free in seconds.
There is a word of caution from the Discord official website which says that it is not the best option to connect to the geographically closest server. You should test and try different regional servers and stick to the one which serves you the best sound clarity and minimum lag in the text response.
I hope that the above steps and advice will help you with the problem, but if the problem still persists you can always contact the official Discord support team by clicking on this link below.
Or you can also tweet your problem and tag the official Discord support team using handle @discordapp.
Thank you for reading this. Make sure to visit regularly for more information about gaming apps and tips. If you have any query you can comment down below and we will get back to you asap!