Have you ever received an error stating “Message Blocking is active” while sending an urgent text? These times can be very frustrating, sometimes to the extent that the user tries to break his phone. Given that text messaging is a vital part of our communication, any error blocking its path can create chaos in our minds.
Recently, the number of reports claiming the message blocking activation has increased parabolically. It has been commonly observed to be associated with T- Mobiles. Here’s a brief description of why this problem happens and how it can be solved.
Table of Contents
What causes the “Message Blocking is active” error?
The Message Blocking option was created to block all incoming and outgoing unwanted SMS and MMS messages. But, the complaints related to this error has forced many companies to investigate. The reasons due to which this error issue was triggered are listed below:
- If you cannot send a message to a particular contact, there are chances that either you have blocked that person or he has blocked you. Contact that person and clarify this doubt.
- Blockage or inactivity of shortcode is another common issue in T- mobiles and can cause this error. Check out if the error is from your side. If not, then ask the T- mobile technician to fix it.
- If service outrage occurs at the provider’s end due to a temporary maintenance break, the process of message transmission might have received hindrance. This problem causes this error.
- Some mobile applications give an option of sending and premium messages on the mobile at an extra cost. If you are using such apps and have not accessed its premium program, there are chances that the blockage has occurred due to it.
- If you have not availed the proper plan for sending the voice message, this error can also appear while sending messages.
How to solve the “Message Blocking is active” error issue?
Some of the standard methods of doing this include checking the network coverage of an area, checking the phone’s status, changing the text’s content by removing attachments, graphics, and pictures, and restarting the process.
Some solutions that are particularly useful in Android phones are:
- Check out your existing plan’s details: Open your account device settings and check out if the send/ receive text messages option is enabled. If not, assume that your number is either inactive or doesn’t have the text messaging plan.
- Premium SMS access permission: Some messaging apps need a premium access feature to be used properly. Open the settings page of your account and grant the premium SMS access feature to the app that needs this permission to work.
- Check the short message blocking:
If you realize that the issue has been created due to the incorrect short message input or its blockage, you should use these steps. In the Additional Settings page of your phone, you can find a customer care ( or Short Message Service Centre) number. Calling on that number would give you a ten-digit carrier number that might activate your messaging system.
The occurrence of this error in iPhones is not due to any specific reasons. Update on the device commonly causes it in the iOS system.
The solutions that can be commonly used here are:
- To solve this issue, one can try to send the message after turning off the iMessage app. If he’s successful, he can solve the problem by signing out of Apple ID and logging in again.
- If you are unsuccessful after applying this solution, you can try solving it by resetting the network connection settings.
- If this issue still arises, a hard reset is required to fix it.
If you encounter this problem, you can try to above methods after discovering the root cause behind it.
Leave a Reply