The sudden disconnection of the PS4 controller from the PC frustrates the gamers. This is one of the common glitches in the world of gaming. Almost every gamer once has faced such an issue. The disconnection also involves both USB as well as Bluetooth.
It has been reported by some of the gamers that the PS4 automatically disconnects after a few seconds of connecting it. And the common solution which the users adopt is to resync their computer. Resyncing gives the optimum time for saving the progress of the game before you have reset the system completely.
Table of Contents
6 Different Reasons Why PS4 Controller Keeps Disconnecting From PC
After keeping in mind some of the popular troubleshooting methods, some of the prominent reasons are detailed below because of which PS4 often disconnects from the PC:-
#1. Missing software
PS4 controllers are not designed in such a way that it would function smoothly while it is connected from PC. It consumes a bit of time for operating properly. Therefore it is recommended to download as well as install the DS4 software on the Windows computer to avoid such issues.
#2. Bluetooth Drivers
One of the common reasons which have been traced is that if you are using outdated versions of Bluetooth Drivers. This is quite prone to cause troubles behind the disconnection of the PS4 controller from the PC. Hence you should keep in mind to keep updating the driver or to uninstall and again reinstall them.
#3. PS4 controller configurations
Fewer PS4 configurations are usually stored and set up on the controller after the PS4 is disconnected from the PC. This might get carried onto your computer. It is suggested to reset the controller on a prior basis and after that PS4. This might benefit you to resolve this issue.
#4. Connections List
The users using the latest version constitute a list of some devices which have been connected to it and the users get confused between which of them should be used to not face any unnecessary trouble. You can reset your connections list and keep a check to avoid such issues.
#5. Bluetooth Configurations
You might have set your Bluetooth configurations improperly on your PC due to which this problem keeps cropping up. You should try and troubleshoot for them to know about the very origin of the issue.
#6. Faulty Controller
Most of the time a faulty controller prevents the users from connecting the PS4 directly to your Windows PC. Hence to avoid such issues you should check the controller and try to reconnect it to your PC. A wired DualShock 4 controller also disconnects the PS4 from the PC. But these issues can be fixed without any trouble.
How to fix this PS4 controller disconnection issue?
After you have got acquainted with some of the common reasons due to which this error crops us, below are some of the fixes which can resolve this issue:-
- The first and foremost step is to connect the controller to your console as usual and leave it for a few minutes. If your controller remains connected to your PC then the issue might be because of a defective cable, controller’s port or USB port.
- To know the reason behind the issue you can also try connecting it to another USB port or even take the help of a spare controller for checking its functioning.
- It is suggested to try to connect the controller to the USB port of the CPU instead of the monitor or keyboard pass-through ports.
- You should make sure that you are using the updated version of the DS4 Windows program. After updating, remove the older version of it. You can also try turning off the DS4 feature of the controller and using it as a normal controller.
- Most of the time if you notice that the PS4 controller does not stop syncing it is recommended to connect it before the launch of the game. Reconnecting or changing the controller mid-way might cause issues while playing the game.
After following these methods you would surely get hold of the issue. The users would be able to play the game without any obstacles.
Leave a Reply