How many times does it happen that we are connecting our smartphone to the computer and it is not being detected?
I think, you all know the problem lies within the pre-installed drivers, as they are common drivers for android drivers they don’t recognize MediaTek processors easily.
So, for this reason, you need to install MTK USB drivers properly so that you can easily connect your smartphone to your computer.
The correctly installed driver will help you in the following ways.
- Copy files, songs and videos from phone to computer or vice-versa without any error.
- Flash custom ROM with the help of cmd.
- Reset your smartphone if the phone setting is not accessible.
- Unbrick your smartphone if it’s totally dead.
- Reset your pattern or pin lock.
- Other basic things.
So, now you know how much important it is to actually install the MTK USB driver correctly.
This driver is compatible with almost all of the latest Windows operating systems. For your convenience there are two types of drivers one is the MTK USB driver and another one is the MTK USN one-click setup. This will make it very easy for you to install this software.
NOTE: the MTK USB one-click setup supports only the following chipsets. If your mobile phone has one of these then only you must use the one-click setup.
(MT 6235, MT 6516, MT 6513, MT 6571, MT 6572, MT 6572M, MT6573, MT 6575 MT 6577, MT 6517T, MT 6589, MT 6589M, MT 6589T, MT 6580, MT 6582, MT 6582M, MT 6588)
Now let’s see how to download and install the MTK drivers in your computer.
- Download the drivers from the files given below.
MEDIA TEK V COM DRIVE: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8lnhdlynksxexsw/MT65xx_USB_VCOM_DRIVERS.zip
- Now, if you have downloaded one-click installer then just extract the file and run the .exe file with admin permissions.
- If not, then follow these steps.
- You need to connect your MediaTek device to the computer in fast boot mode by switching off the phone and then pressing the lower button as you turn it on.
- It will automatically boot in fast boot mode. Now if the drivers are pre-installed then the computer will detect your device.
- But, if the drivers are faulty, then you need to go to the Settings >> Device Manager.
- After this, in the device manager, you will see something like MT65XX Preloader, where XX will be the chipset number of your USB. This will be shown under the USB tabs.
- Now right-click on this name and click on Update Driver.
- A prompt will show up asking you to locate the driver file in your computer.
- Choose the extracted file from your computer and click next.
- The drivers will get updates automatically.
As soon as the drivers are installed, the computer will detect your smartphone and it will start working properly in the UDB debugging also.
A lot of people are using MediaTek powered smartphone these days so, this kind of problem may occur to anyone.
Hope this simple solution will let you install a custom ROM in your phone or just copy and paste the file from phone to computer or vice-e-versa.