Hello, in this post we will see how we can use the Android device manager in our laptop or desktop.
Before starting let’s get into the basics and know what does Android device manager do and how does it work and what are its benefits?
Android device manager now renamed as Find my Device is a Google feature which helps to track your smartphone if it’s lost and also remotely erase your personal data and lock the phone.
The feature works successfully only if the internet connection and GPS tracking are on for the smartphone as it takes the help of GPS and internet to determine the locations of your phone and to receive commands remotely internet connection is required.
This is a very helpful feature as nowadays lots of personal information is stored in our smartphones and it is becoming very easy to unlock the smartphones especially Android smartphone can be easily unlocked with some tools and tricks.
In this case, the one safe option is to be connected with the Find my Device application and keep your internet always on as well as the GPS tracker. In this way if unfortunately your phone is stolen or drops somewhere accidentally, you could be able to track it from your home with your pc or laptop.
So, now we will see how to install the Find my Device app formerly known as Andorid Device Manager in your PC.
There are no specific applications built for PC, so what we do its a little bit of trick and a little bit of smartness which makes us capable of using any android application in our computer. This will help you run other applications on your PC too.
- Download Bluestacks Andorid emulator. This application helps you to install and run android application onto your PC.
- You need to log in with your Google account on the emulator so that you can install applications from the Google PLaystore.
- Once the emulator is installed, click on the My Apps option.
- Search for Android Device Manager in the search box given.
- Once you search, the results will show the application and you just have to install it. Just like you do it on your smartphone.
- After installation, run the application and it will shows same to same as running in a smartphone.
A secret tip
Some people might face difficulty with the Bluestack software because of some errors while installing. There is one more option which does the same thing. You guys can install the .NET framework by Microsoft and do the same things as given above.
If none of the above programs work for you then you can install the NOX app player. This is also an android emulator so you just need to install and proceed as the steps given above.
If you are still finding difficulty in installing any emulator software or running the Android Device Manager on your PC, then please comment down below and let us know the problem, we will try to solve it as soon as possible.