Losing your AirPods is probably the last thing you would want. Apple with its amazing features allows users to look out for their devices over the Find My app on iOS devices. However, what can one do if AirPods don’t show up on the Find My application? This is definitely a tense moment for everyone, however, there are several ways to avoid it and deal with it in case something like that happens. This article will cover different ways to deal with the problem of AirPods not showing up on the Find My application. All the instructions mentioned below apply to devices with iOS 10.3 and higher.
Before beginning with the ways to look out for AirPods not showing up on the Find My application, it is important for everyone to enable the Find My feature on the iOS device. However, if you haven’t set up the feature and lose the device, it will be impossible to locate your gadget with the help of the Find My application. Activating the feature on iPad or iPhone automatically enables the same for AirPods.
Table of Contents
Method 1: Use the Find My Application on iPhone
- Visit the Find My app on the iOS device you own.
- Click on the option Devices.
- Here, you will get a list of all the devices that are linked to your Apple ID. Select AirPods in this.
- This will help you locate your AirPods on a map with the current location mentioned in it. However, if the device is out of battery, then the application will show the last known location of the device. Use the Apple Map to locate your AirPods.
However, there might be a chance that you don’t find your AirPods. This will end up showing No Location Found.
Method 2: Use the Computer to Locate the AirPods
- Visit the iCloud official website and log in to your Apple ID.
- Here, you will find the option Find iPhone. Click on it.
- Click on the option All Devices, and choose AirPods.
- This will show the current location of your AirPods.
What to do if AirPods not showing up on Find My Application?
Well, the issue can be really drastic for a user if the Find My application prompts No Location Found. It would be impossible for a user to locate the AirPods if the feature wasn’t activated beforehand.
On the other hand, if the app shows the location for only one of the AirPods, it’s probably because the application wants to locate the same. After finding it, put the AirPods in the case and wait for the application to prompt the location for the second. This way you can get your hands on both earpieces.
However, if the situation is worse and you can’t locate any of the two, you should probably look out to buy a new one for yourself. On the other hand, if you have one of the two earpieces, then you can opt for a replacement in your nearby Apple Store.